Barrow Green Gas is the trading name of Barrow Shipping Ltd., the UK's only tailored shipper service meeting the specific needs of the biomethane sector.
Barrow Shipping holds a UK Gas Shipper Licence and creates value for biomethane producers through:
- Purchasing biomethane
- Offering a flexible service with no restriction on volumes
- Optimising transportation discounts
- Separating Green Gas Certificates from gas production
- Marketing Green Gas Certificates to maximise their value
- Membership of the Biomethane Producers Club
The UK's first two commercial biomethane injection schemes have signed up and are now members of the Biomethane Producers Club:
- Rainbarrow Farm, Poundbury - commissioned October 2012
- Vale Green - commissioned August 2013
Barrow Shipping has already made the first sales of the Green Gas Certificates to The Duchy of Cornwall, Gas Bus Alliance and Brit European Transport Limited, from biomethane produced at Rainbarrow Farm.
Further information about the company and who to contact about shipping your biomethane is available on the Barrow Shipping website.