CNG makes an excellent vehicle fuel for combustion engines as its high octane rating and low carbon content give a more complete combustions with fewer emissions and extends engine life.
There are a number of other benefits to using CNG as a vehicle fuel, such as:
- Cost effective alternative - cutting fuel costs by up to 40%
- 15% reduction in tail-pipe CO2 emissions for dual-fuel trucks
- Little or no emissions during fueling for dedicated CNG vehicles (this type of emission accounts for 50% of a vehicle's hydrocarbon emissions)
- Significant reductions in NOx and PM10s compared to petrol / diesel - often exceeding the Euro 5 emissions standard
CNG Services Ltd can offer assistance in relation to the procurement of CNG vehicles and have a database of all available CNG vehicles and their costs. CSL also offers support in:
- Cost comparisons between existing fleets and the natural gas vehicles available
- Carbon footprint comparison with existing fleets
- Air quality benefits compared to diesel
- Training in relation to natural gas vehicles
- Operational support and advice
A list of natural gas vehicles that are available in the UK is available to download click here
CSL also owns and operates a CNG filling station in Crewe - see the Crewe page for more details on filling up your CNG vehicles.
We recognise that most operators are sceptical about the viability of such a project as the technology is relatively new and that there has been little information available to the operator.
The fundamental issues and concerns to be addressed include:
- Is CNG cost efficient?
- Are CNG vehicles reliable?
- Which vehicle do I choose?
- Will all of the environmental concerns be adequately addressed?
- Will CNG fit with the special needs of my business?
- How will CNG affect the public perception of my business?
- How will the use of CNG impact on the daily running of my business?
Our Demonstrator+ option will allow you to answer these questions for your business. Contact Us for more details.