Design, build and assist customer with Application to Offer (A2O) process to connect to National Grid’s National Transmission System (NTS). Inject biomethane directly into the NTS.
- The first connection to the NTS for biomethane injection.
- No capacity issues on NTS networks which can be associated with lower pressure tiers on distribution networks. The site processes 2,000 m3/h of biogas and injects 1,100 Sm3/h of biomethane into the grid.
- No requirement for odorant or propane injection into the biomethane, since it is not being injected into a local distribution zone.
- The site allows an annual emission saving 17,000 tonnes CO2 by displacing natural gas.
- Use of SoluForce RTP for on-site 75 bar pipework (photo above).